There are a lot of ways to generate traffic (24 ways actually and that’s according to traffic expert Kim Roach), with each method having its own distinct advantage (or disadvantage).
However the best traffic type I’d always go after is organic traffic.
For those who have no idea what organic traffic is, this is the type of traffic going to my site directed by search engines for search terms my site is ranking for.
If you have a website and it’s not part of your campaign to rank for “keywords” relative (or critical?) to your niche. You my friend, are missing a lot in terms of opportunity and return of investment (ROI).
True, a lot of people complain that the process involved with obtaining rankings for a search term is a slow journey but the pay-off is a hundred fold probably even more.
Well, that is IF you went after the right keywords for your niche.
So here are a couple of things I’d like to share with you so that you don’t fail going after organic traffic:
- Make sure the search terms you are trying to rank for are indeed “money keywords” for your niche, either a buying traffic if you are selling a product or one that likely converts.
- Go after the terms where it’s easier for you to rank. Most of these are long tail keywords, a search term composed of three or more keywords. Once you rank for these keywords and money pours in, you can reinvest some of the monetary returns to go after more difficult keywords.
- Make sure you’ve exhausted ALL means of obtaining your rankings. From on-page search engine optimization (SEO) to link building.
- The number of authority back links is a large factor in ranking for a keyword. Vary your link building methods and not just rely on one (ie. sticking to article marketing only).
- Write content for your audience not search engines. Yup, you got it right, if you write engaging content, chances are your visitors will stick around and probably even bookmark better yet link back to your website. That’s why writing search engine optimized articles is an art because you need to combine engaging content + technical requirements of on page SEO.
Remember, once you achieve the necessary rankings for the keywords you are after and the monies start flowing, this will require very minimal or probably no maintenance at all if nobody’s going after that term. This gives you scalability as it will allow you to move on to other things for your website (like ranking for another key term).
Whatever it is you are doing with your site right now, make sure part of it is ranking for your money keywords. You won’t totally achieve real passive income if you don’t get your rankings and that’s a very big FAIL for your business.
How about you, are you getting your desired rankings?
When you are just starting out, there are times when you just have to wear a lot of different hats (webmaster, copywriter, graphic designer, ninja…) for your business. However regardless of what hat you are wearing at any given time you need the right tools to get your work done. Here’s the list of tools [...]
The niche you choose will have a big impact on the profitability of your website. More importantly the keywords you intend to rank in your chosen niche will be critical to your return of investment (ROI). While niche/keyword research is more of an art than an exact science, here’s a practical guide for you if [...]
Hey there, sorry wasn’t able to give updates on the last couple of days. I’ve been working on the bonus I promised you. I’m thrilled about this product, even though it’s worth selling I’m giving it away to those that are taking action and subscribing. This is a starter kit for those who are struggling [...]
You are reading this now because you are likely interested in starting your own business online or are still learning the ropes of internet marketing. You possibly may have bought a couple of courses/secrets/loopholes promising you six figure earnings within a span of 30 days. My purpose today is to help you understand certain realities [...]
Funny, the first time I can clearly remember when I felt like this is when I was learning how to swim. The feeling of fear and doubt. I know everyone is familiar with that. The feelings involved when pursuing a new venture is filled with fear and doubt. Because of that my action or inaction [...]
I believe entrepreneurship strives in places where opportunity barely exists. Onibalusi Bamidele of YoungPrePro.com is a living testament to that. I’ve had the privilege of interviewing this 17 year old business man from Ibadan, Nigeria. For a guy almost half my age, he’s definitely no average kid. He’s already achieved what most men twice his [...]
Day 9. Got a mail from Andrew Hansen, an approval from him after I asked permission to use one of his pdf reports as a bonus material for my subscribers. It’s a report that every starting online marketer/entrepreneur I believe should read. I was also able to get in touch with Onibalusi of YoungPrePro by [...]
Day 8. Got a couple of sign-ups today, it’s not much but it made me smile. I’m on the right track. My analytic brain is telling me: “You need 50 sign ups at least every day!” but my gut is telling me just go on, don’t stop. Do what you need to do. I made [...]
Day 7. Got a very timely mail from Kieran McDonogh of Back Against the Wall (BATW) this evening . He provided me with a very helpful advise and pointed me to the right person with the right expertise for my situation, Kim Roach of BuzzBlogger.com. Kim specializes in non-conventional traffic generation and right now I need [...]